vendredi 22 septembre 2017

How to change the values of HTML form check boxes based on check or unchecked, then copying those values to clipboard

This is my first post here! I'm a novice coder, at best, and I've been struggling with this problem. I want to take a multi-input form comprised mostly of check boxes, have the user, me, fill it out, and then click a "copy" button to copy the values to a clipboard. The only problem is that I can't figure out how to get all of the values or how to make checkbox values disappear if unchecked. I broke my code and I can't seem to figure out what I did wrong.

Can anyone help me figure this out and understand the error of my ways?

My current code: Ideally when the check box is unchecked, it will produce no value and the the other inputs will change based on selection/text input. When the button is pressed, the form data is copied to clipboard.

function getVal() {
    var one = document.getElementById("form1").value;
    document.getElementById("hiddenDiv").innerHTML =form1; 
};

var copyTextareaBtn = document.querySelector('#button');

copyTextareaBtn.addEventListener('click', function(event) {
  var copyTextarea = document.getElementById('hiddenDiv').innerHTML;
  copyTextarea.select(); 
  try {
   var successful = document.execCommand('copy');
    var msg = successful ? 'successful' : 'unsuccessful';
   console.log('Copying text command was ' + msg);
 } catch (err) {
   console.log('Oops, unable to copy');
 }
});
<head>
        <title></title>
</head>
<body>
        <div>
                <form id="form1">
                        <input type="text" name="">
                        <select>
                                <option value=""></option>
                                <option value="1">1</option>
                                <option value="2">2</option>
                        </select>
                        <input type="checkbox" name="" value="Yes" checked="">Yes
                </form>
        <div>
                <button id="button" onclick="getVal()" >Copy</button>
        </div>
</div>
<div id="hiddenDiv">
</div>
</body>



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire