lundi 24 août 2020

How do I make a string from javascript appear in the html when certain checkboxes are clicked?

So i want too start off by saying I am very new at web development, specifically javascript. I'm trying to build a simple program where you check certain items from a list of certain ingredients from a video game, and you are then told which recipes you can make. I am struggling with getting the text to appear in the html when a box is checked.

This is my html for one of the ingredients that make a recipe from just the one item:

<div>
    <input type="checkbox" id="egg" name="egg">
  <label for="egg">Egg</label>
    </div>

This is the javascript I have trying to make the recipe appear under the checkboxes in a paragraph with the id being "make":

if (document.getElementById("egg").checked === true) {
    document.getElementById("make").innerHTML = "You can make a fried egg with egg!";
}



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire