mercredi 23 août 2017

How to highlight a cell when any one checkbox is checked (linking multiple checkboxes to one cell)

I'm a real newbie with excel (and coding).  I've figure out, using Conditional Formatting, to highlight one cell if the value of another cell changes (based on a checkbox changing).  What I have are multiple cells with checkboxes (cannot be ActiveX checboxes since MAC users need to be able to run it), if any one of those checkboxes are checked, another cell has to be highlighted. For example, Cells A1, B1, C1, D1, E1 all have check boxes.  If any one of those are checked, cell F1 needs to be highlighted.  I was able to set it up so that if A1 is checked, then cell G1 says "TRUE" then cell F1 highlights.  When I link all the checkboxes to cell G1 and select only B1 - all cells (A1, C1, D1, E1) are checked AND cell F1 is highlighted.   I need to be able to have one cell highlighted if any one of (or all) A1, B1, C1, D1, and/or E1 is checked.  Thanks for any/all help! (Do I use VBA or Macros?  I am quite illiterate when it comes to this sort of stuff!)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire