jeudi 11 avril 2019

How to create a checklist in MS Access that changes conditional formating

I am building a database for maintenance performed on lighting fixtures, each with their own unique serial number. I already have an excel document with all this data, but want to create a better system for managing the data.

The idea is that every time I service a unit, I have a new job #, and fill out a checklist and enter notes for that job. I have created a Job # table, with columns for serial #, date received, date completed, notes etc. I have also created a job form, which includes all the relevant info for that job#. The question I have now is how to create relatively efficient checklists that modify the background color of a text field.

For the first part of this, I need to have a drop down list with different model lights to choose from(each light has different feature sets to test), which, depending on which model I select, will display/generate a checklist, with about 25 items, that is unique to that model.
Then, when all the check boxes are checked for that specific checklist, I need the background color of a text field("Unit Good?") to change from red to green. These check lists need to be specific to the job #/record #, and I'm curious if there's a relatively easy/efficient way to do this.

At present I have about 150 jobs, and it will only increase over time. My preference is to avoid VBA if possible, but if necessary, some pointers, or recommended tutorials would be highly useful.

I've built the underlying table and form, but haven't yet been able to figure out how to do the checklists.

Any help here would be extremely appreciated. I am happy to provide any additional information/documents if necessary.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire