mardi 27 juin 2017

Is it possible to combine several (form) search fields into one with checkboxes and/or dropdown?

I am using my own starting page for my browsers. This page is used by myself only (and some friends and family). Which contains news, weather, links and such.

Also this page includes several search fields, like Google, Usenet, forumsearch (on a favourite website) and a subtitles search field. Ofcourse each search field uses different queries for different sites.

Now as I am redoing the starting page, I am wondering if it's possible to create just one search field and use checkboxes to select the page I want to search. By default it should check Google, but if I select the checkbox for subtitles it would use the search field to search for subtitles (on the appropiate website).

If this isn't possible, would it be possible with a dropdown or something similar? Or maybe a different approach or solution to this?

When both are not possible or takes a massive amount of coding / tweaking, I will refer to using multiple search fields as I did before.

I took a screenshot of how the search fields are currently (on the old design) to give you an impression.

enter image description here

Reason for switching to checkboxes / dropdown field is, is that I can add more searches without making the page look messy.

While typing this and looking at things, once more, maybe a better solution would be to just create several buttons and use only one search field? Still might be a little tacky, but that could actually work. What do you think?

And like I said; if it takes to much coding or tweaking just tell so. I am just wondering if there is a different approach to this.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire