jeudi 15 juillet 2021

WordPress - How do I save Checkbox values to the database for individual users and multiple pages?

Hello~ I'm trying to make a Website featuring Checklists in which users can check a box to signify completion for an item and have it saved to their WordPress Account for later viewing by the user. I know next to nothing about coding or how to set up something like this, could someone please help me with this?

(Link to a page where I'll be using this.)

To go into more detail:

• The lists are in a table format created by a WordPress Plugin called TablePress, which are then entered into the front-end via Shortcode. The plugin allows HTML formatting for each individual cell and also allows custom CSS styling for the table. The Checkboxes will be entered on column 2 or 1, depending in the list.

• If possible, I would prefer items to be saved upon changing of the Checkbox value, instead of having to click a save button. If that's not feasible, it's not a big deal.

• Although getting checkbox values saved to the database is the most important feature, I'd also like to have the Table Row and it's contents dim when a checkbox is checked, to indicate that the item has been completed. (If this part needs to be it's own question, sorry.)

• Other information, just in case: I'm using the Elementor Pro editor with the Hello Elementor Theme. I'm also using Bluehost as my hosting provider.

Sorry if this is a lot to ask.. I tried doing research on this subject for quite a long time, and while I realize there's similar questions floating around, I simply can't wrap my head around all the technical talk and I don't know what information I should take in. (If you could simplify any explanations or go step-by-step, I would really appreciate it!) Thanks in advance~




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire